Friday, September 23, 2011

Final tray - update and pics

Thought I would quickly add a pic with me wearing the very 1st tray compared with a pic of me wearing my current last tray so you can get an idea of how far I have come! Yes I know the first pic is totally HIDEOUS!!!! but it shows how bad my teeth actually were! Once I am completely done (buttons removed, whitening etc) I will put pics up of the final result - without the trays.....

Also..... I popped in to see the dentist yesterday to get 'dimples' put in my top tray behing my 2 front teeth just to help nudge them together a wee bit more. This morning I have taken them out to eat breakfast and can see that the dimples really work!!!! My 2 front teeth look perfect now! I'm really happy. Also I have decided to get a valplast denture (fake teeth) to wear so that my smile will be complete.... it is way cheaper than any of the other options (about $1.1K). Oh and I am having a 'Celebration for being finished with braces' party in a couple of weeks! YAY! Sooooo looking forward to being able to eat whenever I want for how long I want without having to worry about rushing to brush my teeth and pop my trays back in!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing!! My situation with my teeth are the exact same. I'm on my 7 of 24 trays and have not noticed a difference but your treatment gives me hope. You look great!! Thank you for making this blog.

Cheers, Lisah

Jo said...

Thanks Lisah. I didn't notice much difference until I actually took a photo and compared... i think it was at tray 6 or 7 (can't remember now. Good luck with your treatment, it goes by soooo fast! :)

Unknown said...

How were you able to afford the braces? I am saving up becaue my insurance does not cover it.

Jo said...

My dentist offered a payment plan where I could pay it off over 2 years interest free :)

Tara said...

Congrats on all the success! Thank you for documenting your progress - it really helps for people like me who are worried about starting it (and also hate dentists!). I start next month, wish me luck!

Dr. James DeFinnis said...

Thanks to Invisalign, you've been enjoying your straighter teeth! Looking at your before and after pics, we can really see the difference the treatment has done. It's been two years now, and I wish you're taking good care of your teeth.

Jaime DeFinnis @ Back Mountain Dental

Unknown said...

Hooray for the successful Invisalign treatment! It’s fascinating to see the great change with your teeth, Jo! Years have passed already, and I hope you were able to maintain your oral hygiene. How are you now? :)

Clinton Zelman @ Dougsmithdds

Unknown said...

Invisalign is one of the wonders we should be thankful for. This is perfect for those who feel uncomfortable wearing braces. These invisible trays are definitely the perfect alternative. Anyway, you're lucky that your dentist gave you a payment plan that is convenient for you. Keep smiling! :)

Jeff Wade