Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Not MORE rubber bands!!!!




Had my dentist appointment today. Dissapointed that I have to wear rubberbands again!!!! BUT only at night! Few...... originally I was told it was to be full time but I guess cos of my non impressive reaction my dentist said I can get away with night time wear only!


My bottom tray has been modified to accommodate 2 button hooks on each side and the rubber bands hook from that to the top tray (dentist cut 2 slits on the top) as per pic. My next tray (24) was also modified for me to change over tonight and then in 2 weeks time when I have my hygenist appointment I will need to take in all my remainding trays to be modified. So it looks like rubber bands for the remainder of my treatment. The reason is to help my jaw alignment/bite, my teeth are all where they should be (and I had another round of IPR today which I have been told is the last lot) but helping put pressure on my bite will help the process even more. Anyway, SO glad I don't have to wear these rubber bands while at work cos they are soooooo noticable, feels like I am wearing normal braces! LOL!

6 comments:

Teeth Whitening Allentown said...

I read over your blog. Interesting post and good looking site. I'm definitely going to visit again!

Doylestown Teeth Whitening said...

It’s always great to hear that those in the dental profession are expanding knowledge. Thanks!

Sean Butcher said...

When was the first time you had worn rubber bands? And how long did it last, Johanna? Hmm. Good thing you have worn those again just overnight. Correcting a bite isn't that easy for a dentist to do. There are many ways to do that and each depends on a patient's situation. The dentist just have to achieve the goal of eliminating disharmony of biting contacts. Are yours okay by now?

Milly said...

Hope all goes well with the rest of your treatment with Invisalign! I had to wear the rubber bands too, I hated to wear them during the day! Love your blog, thank you for the post!

Sudheer Yadav said...

Learn world best rubber bands magic on http://magictrickguru.blogspot.in/2017/03/stick-2-rubber-bands-magic-trick.html

c said...

smile is beautiful at dentist northeast philadelphia