Friday, June 4, 2010

Still waiting......

Its been 7 weeks since I had my moulds done and I am still waiting on my invisalign plan to be finalised. I have seen the dentist twice.... the first time he gave me 2 plans.
1st plan involved a lot of shaving down the teeth (IPR) to make room for my teeth to move, rubber bands, lots of attachments but the end result not perfecting my bite.
2nd plan involved no shaving of the teeth, no rubber bands, a few less attachments, the end result being perfect but longer treatment time & 2 teeth extractions (upper).
He said that he still wanted to work on the plans to perfect them, so 2 weeks later (yesterday) I went in again and he showed me his new plan that he has been working on which is similar to the 2nd plan but instead of the 4th teeth on each side being removed it will be the 5th teeth on each side and a shorter timeframe. BUT the only downside is that he said the gaps where the missing teeth will be will not be able to fully close which means I will have a perfect bite and straight teeth but gaps near the back of my teeth (he said about half a tooth size on each side). He said its up to me what I want to do then.... either expensive crowns or bridges or leave as is if it isn't noticable.
So now he is working on tweeking this plan and will send it in to the invisalign company for approval. So now its more waiting...... I guess that is the downside to invisalign over standard braces, a long waiting time from getting the moulds done to actually getting the aligners.

No comments: