Monday, June 28, 2010

Teeth extracted!

Today @ 2pm I had my teeth extracted! and its also my birthday today so Happy Birthday to me!!! LOL (very expensive birthday present, $400!).
I had been freaking out about this BIG TIME!!! Scared about the whole procedure, scared they might remove the wrong teeth, scared they might damage my other teeth and just scared of the pain!!!!
My Hubby came with me for support and there were lots of jokes from the dentist about getting my teeth pulled out on my birthday.....
He looked at my xrays and said that my teeth have very long roots which means that it might be difficult to remove my teeth (ARRRRRRGGGHHHH!) and that invisalign might take longer than planned because of the long roots, but he did say that i have very healthy strong teeth!
Anyway, so they numbed me up with several injections and I felt alot of pressure but no pain and the next thing you know the first tooth came out easily! He then said that although I have long roots I have nice flexible bones which means there should be no problems with moving my teeth during the whole invisalign process (FEW!!!!).
The next one was pulled out not long after the first and then I had to have gauze swabs in my gaps to try stop all the bleeding (gross!!!) for about half an hour.
I was too scared to look in the mirror and still haven't checked my teeth out yet. It is now 5pm, still no pain, numbness is wearing off but I'm ok! I survived it!
So glad that part is over and done with.... now I am soooo ready for the aligners now!

1 comment:

Elfrieda Sevigny said...

Once age sets in the new permanent tooth comes out! You should never be afraid of your dentist. They are here to take care of our teeth. I'm guessing that you've been injected several times with anesthesia. Teeth with deep roots are certainly hard to pull out.