Sunday, July 11, 2010

3 days in and starting to feel good about it all!

Yesterday I was having a nightmare of a time trying to get the aligners out to eat!!!!
It hurt like hell and I was getting so frustrated that I burst into tears and felt like I can't do this for the next 14 months!!!????
However, today is a different day and a whole different story! The trick to getting out my aligners is with latex rubber gloves and gripping the inside of the aligners on my back molars and then slowley peeling off over the attachments using the tool the dentist gave me to help get over the attachments (remember I have 14 attachments so its quite a big deal to try get them out)! Also it wasn't sore at all today getting them off! FEW! So it is true that it does get better and that the first couple of days in each new set of aligners is the worst.
Its also quite a mission rushing to eat (and also eating as much as I can since its too much of an ordeal to snack) then floss, brush my teeth then get the aligners back in after each meal! I am used to only brushing my teeth twice a day and flossing once so this is adding more work! I am rinsing the aligners in the morning in a bowel with hydrogen peroxide & water to keep them nice and fresh, hope they keep nice until its time for my next set!
I had a look at my future aligners this morning (the dentist gave me my whole set of 30 aligners all at once) and I had a good look at my last one (#30) and wow! perfectly straight aligners both top & bottom! amazing!!!!! I had to peer through the plastic bags they were in as they are sealed until its time to open. Even aligner # 6 shows a huge improvement! (BTW, aligner # 6 I have to get 2 more attachments on my bottom teeth!!! Yippeee! not!).
I am also getting more used to the look of them now too and not so self conscious in them anymore! YAY (but still hoping the next 14 months fly by)!

No comments: