Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tray # 2!!!

Hello....
Thought I better give an update on how everything is going....
I changed to my 2nd trays thursday night (2 days ago) and was excited but also a bit nervous, scared I might have difficulty putting them in and scared they might be more sore than the 1st set? Anyway, so after dinner (and after my usual floss/brush/rinse routine) I opened up the sealed bag and gave them a quick rinse and started with the bottom tray. I clicked it down on the front bottom teeth but the sides wouldn't fit properly?! I started to panic!!!! So I took it out and compared it to my 1st tray and it looked pretty much identical so it had to fit! So I tried again and this time wiggled the sides around a bit and then the next thing you know both sides clicked perfectly in place! FEW!!!!! Did the same with the top tray. They felt very tight but I like that feeling of tightness, it makes me feel like it is working! No need for painkillers, it is just a nice tight snug feeling! (maybe it also makes a difference that I use sensodyne toothpaste!?).
Then next morning I was nervous about taking them out to eat breakfast (remembering the 1st time the dentist took out my 1st set! OUCH!). It was difficult to get out because of the tightness so I had to go back to using my special tool/hook thing to help get them over my attachments. Yes it was sore getting them off but no-where near as sore as when the dentist took them out 2 weeks earlier! My teeth were a bit tender eating (especially my 2 front teeth) but its managable.
This morning I've had no problems and I didn't need my tool/hook to get them off so I'm hoping that with each new tray I will only need to use the hook on the 1st day of eating! I'm still using a glove and I think I will continue using it as it is easier to grip them to get them off and doesn't hurt my fingers/finger nails.
I ran out of the hydrogen peroxide to soak my trays in and instead have been using white vinegar (recommended by my Dentist) and it works just the same, comes in a big bottle and is nice and cheap! I soak them in 50/50 vinegar & water while I eat my breakfast and then after doing my brushing teeth routine I rinse the trays under a tap of cold running water and then give them a brush with a soft toothbrush. My last set of trays I was using my whitening toothpaste to brush them with but noticed they started looking very scratchy and I read on the internet that using whitening toothpaste on the trays is too harsh and will scratch them so now when I do use toothpaste I use a normal toothpaste on them.

2 comments:

Alicia K said...

Question ... Using Hydrogen peroxide, i think even after washing them id still feel paranoid id taste it and that im poisoning myself ... did you taste it or stress about that? And the vinegar, do you taste that as well?

Jo said...

No, I wasn't paranoid about the hydrogen peroxide at all (which is strange for me since I usually stress/worry about every little thing!) cos I would give it a really good rinse/brush & the vinegar I haven't tasted at all which is great and its working really well (& its great that its from the kitchen cupboard! & not harmful in anyway!).