Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 5 in 1st aligners

Last night I was getting frustrated again because I had trouble getting them out to eat dinner. I think the problem was that I was stressing out because I had just finished cooking dinner and wanted to get them out before dinner got cold so rushing things just made things more difficult and stressful. Plus for some reason it felt sore again! :(
However today has been good and no problems getting them out and no soreness.
I went to a friends place for lunch today (who doesn't know anything about my braces or even that I HAVE them) and I was talking with her for about a good 1/2 an hour and we were just about to eat and I said "Oooh... I just have to go to the bathroom and take out my braces" and she was confused so I did a big cheesy smile and showed her them & pointed out my attachments and she was amazed! She didn't have a clue! She said she hadn't noticed them at all! That made me feel GREAT! So, this was the first time I have taken them out somewhere else (& brushed/flossed my teeth) other than home (apart from the dentist's) and no problems! Just time-consuming!
After lunch I was driving home and all of a sudden I could taste blood in my mouth, I looked in the rear vision mirror and my whole top aligner was filled with blood!!!!! Arrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!! It looked disgusting! and I couldn't do anything about it until I got home! Looked like I was a vampire and had just had a really good feed!!! LOL
Got home, took off my top aligner easily and gave it a good wash/rinse.... it seems as though the blood was coming from the hole from where my left tooth was extracted. Hasn't bleed since so not sure what that was all about!!???
My aligners feel a little looser today (probably explains why no longer sore when taking them out) and this morning when I took them out they STUNK!!!??? I gave them a good soak in hydrogen peroxide and a real good brush with toothpaste but it took longer and more effort to get them looking as new again..... I still have 9 more days before changing to my next set of aligners so I hope they won't end up too yucky!

No comments: